Windows – Pre-Installation Guidelines
Windows – Prior to Installation
Your Tom Adams Installation team has reviewed your contract and has already been to your home to complete the correct measure for your window installation. We have discussed all possible issues or concerns with your project prior to installation. Our warehouse has verified the shipment of your windows. All supplies will be prepared in advance for your installation. All projects share the fact that noise, dust, vibration and air circulation will be created.
Your installation team will allot themselves enough time based on the needs of your home.
If weather or any unforeseen issue happens the day of installation, we will call and re-schedule your installation. We cannot install on days of heavy rain or in climate conditions
Your installer will remove all old existing windows that will be replaced. For easy access, please remove all cars from your driveway for easier access for our Installers.
Drop cloths will be used to keep all parts of your home clean of debris, dirt that may happen from traffic.
After installation, please allow 48 hours prior to cleaning your window with solvents in order for any caulk used to dry properly.
Windows – During Installation
- Remove all pets from the installation area.
- To prevent damage or dust on your possessions, remove all computers, electronic items, stereos or valuable from the installation area.
- Removal of furniture that blocks easy access to the windows for removal from the inside.
- Remove all window treatment and hardware prior to schedule installation day, unless you have paid for a Tom Adams installation team to remove those approved window treatments.
- Lead Safety methods established by the EPA will used on all home window installations on home built prior to 1978. We want to minimize the spread of Lead Paint dust in your home.
- Move all car and vehicles away for the work area and driveway to assist your installer with easiest and fastest path to their trucks.
- Remove or cut back any shrubs, flowers or plants that interrupt easy access the bay or bow windows, again in order for easy access by your installation team.
- Contact your Alarm company prior to installation of new windows. The removal of your alarm system may cause wires to be cut short and not go past the frame of your new windows. This is why it is important to complete this prior it your schedule installation.
- All of Tom Adams Installation teams have been certified and insured, along with current workman’s compensation. Tom Adams carries a One Million Dollar Insurance Policy.
- If written on your contract, Tom Adams certified and insured installation team will remove and haul away your old windows.
- Please have an adult present at the time of installation so if any issues, such as wood rot, termites or issues must be discussed and solved immediately, to secure your home with your new windows.
Windows – After Installation
- Windows have many coats of Low-E and based on your window the correct cleaning may change. Please check with your Tom Adams sales associate or the manufacturer to verify the correct process.
- Tom Adams recommends a Windex with Vinegar as an excellent cleaning solution that would not be harmful to your glass, as long as you use a soft towel or paper towel to clean and dry.
- Do not use any oils, cleaning crystals, soft scrubs or powder products that may scratch or leave a residue on your windows. Please never use an abrasive sponge or products that could cause scratches on your windows. Do not air dry your windows or they may leave streak marks.
- No Power Washing your windows, it may damage the windows and seals permanently.
- Bay or Bow Windows – Remember to paint or stain within the first 30 days; sunlight may permanently discolor the true wood coloration.
- No weight or objects greater than 50 lbs should be the Bay or Bow Seat Board.
- Never sit inside your Bow or Bay window, this may cause the window to sag and cause permanent damage.
- Do Not Wash your windows until after 48 hours of your window installation to allow all products to cure properly.