Carpet – Pre-Installation Guidelines
Carpet – Prior to Installation
Your Tom Adams Installation Team has already reviewed all prints, layout and your contract prior to your carpet installation. All projects share the fact that noise, dust, vibration and air circulation will be created. Based on your project, the time frame is 1 to 3 days, your Tom Adams installation manager will call and confirm, when making the schedule
During the original process, your Tom Adams Sales Associate should have reviewed the project along with seam layouts on our computer drawn layout of the room(s) being carpeted. We will determine your flooring estimate based on the best layout for your room. We specialize in placing your carpet to minimize seams and the carpet size to give you the best price on your project.
Carpet – During Installation
- Remove all pets from the installation area.
- Removal of normal furniture will be free of charge. Special furniture such as pool tables and pianos will be charged if we feel we are able to move it safely. Pool tables and pianos may be not level or out of tune after movement.
- Removal of any small items, books, videos, flat screen TV’s, glassware, statues, antiques, grandfathers clock, aquariums, or wall items that may fall off because of vibrations, are your responsibility to move in a safe place away from any possible damage or dust.
- Empty all closets to enable complete mobility of your installation team and to prevent the possibility of damage to your possessions.
- To prevent damage or dust on your possessions, remove all computers, electronic items, stereos or valuable from the installation area.
- Removal of Toilets, by a Tom Adams Certified Plumber comes with an extra cost. A professional plumber or the homeowner must disconnect and re-connect all gas stoves, dryers, or ice lines to refrigerator.
- Flooring Squeaks are the cause of plywood sub-floor nailed down. In time, these nails and plywood shift, causing squeaks sounds when traffic occurs on that spot. Tom Adams may be able to minimize, but never eliminate, these squeaks. Ask you Tom Adams Sales Associate for details.
- All of Tom Adams Installation teams have been certified and insured, along with current workman’s compensation. Tom Adams carries a One Million Dollar Insurance Policy.
- If written on your contract, Tom Adams certified and insured installation team will remove and haul away your old carpet, pad, or hard surface product.
Carpet – After Installation
- Based on the type of vacuum you own and its power, certain carpets vacuum easier than others. Vacuums with a beater bar are not recommended with a flat weave/Berber or wool carpet. Possible seam or loop pulling or carpet bearding may cause damage or visual ugliness of carpet.
- Many soft fibers carpets cause powerful vacuums not to operate correctly. Please see your Tom Adams Associate for information and details
- Some carpet have a “new carpet smell” – if you or your children are very sensitive to this effect, Please tell you Tom Adams Sales Associate so they can show you an exclusive carpet that has “ZERO” V.O.C. – No odors at all.
- No seams are completely invisible. Based on type of carpet, color and light in the room some seams show more than others. Please give these seams time to assimilate to the room and humidity. Remember you can never over vacuum carpet.